This record book is developed for oil tankers above 150 GT and provides information about cargo and ballast operations related to the Oil Record Book Part 2.
This is a vital record book, required in accordance with regulation 17 of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (1973), as modified by the Protocol of 1978 (MARPOL73/78).
The Oil Record Book Part 2 contains many references to oil quantity. By recording all oil or sludge transfers and discharges within the vessel, you can control and document the correct disposal of oil at sea to the authorities.
If an operation needs to be reported in ORB I, you can automatically do this and avoid avoiding double reporting.
Optimize your record keeping
Digitalizing your record-keeping reduces the administrative burden on your crew. Moving towards a digital logbook with predefined operations simplifies the recording of e.g., loading of oil cargo or cleaning of cargo tanks.
The crew no longer needs to write the information down in a notebook or spreadsheet and manually check for errors. Digitalizing your record keeping will increase efficiency and transparency and enhance your data recording reliability.
The Oil Record Book Part 2 is completed when:
- Loading of oil cargo
- Internal transfer of oil cargo during voyage
- Unloading of oil cargo
- Ballasting of cargo tanks and dedicated clean ballast tanks
- Cleaning of cargo tanks including crude oil washing
- Discharge of ballast except from segregated ballast tanks
- Discharge of water from slop tanks
- Closing of all applicable valves or similar devices after slop tank discharge operations
- Closing of valves necessary for isolation of dedicated clean ballast tanks from cargo and stripping lines after slop tank discharge operations
- Disposal of residues
With advanced electronic signature as per eIDAS European Regulations and additional antitampering measures, you benefit from the identification of any attempt to manipulate critical data.
- Prevent pollution by oil
- Reduce errors and optimize operations
- Increase efficiency and transparency
- Simplify data recording
- Improve data quality with validation of all data entries
- Increase regulatory compliance
- Allow data availability ashore
- Improve data reliability
- Minimize the risk of human errors leading to fines or nonconformities
The SERTICA Electronic Logbook function as a stand-alone system.