The Ballast Record Book is developed for all ships having ballast tanks and carrying ballast.
It is mandatory for ships to have a Ballast Water record book on board. It may be an electronic record system or integrated into another record book or system. Still, it must at least contain the information specified MARPOL Annex II, to which this record book is related.
Oceanic and coastal waters contain a wide range of microorganisms, which have an essential functional role at the base of the food web in all aquatic ecosystems on earth. The operations recorded in this record book are related to water ballast loading-discharging to avoid the transfer of those microorganisms from one area to another.
Digitalizing the Ballast Record Book
Moving towards a digital logbook with predefined operations simplifies the recording of ballast. This makes it easier for the crew to log when ballast water is taken on board, minimizing the risk of errors.
- Recording of ballast water taken on board
- Log of ballast water circulating
- Recording of ballast water discharged into the sea or a reception facility
- Accidental or other exceptional uptake or discharges of ballast water
- Additional operational procedure and general remarks
With advanced electronic signature as per eIDAS European Regulations and additional antitampering measures, you benefit from any attempt to manipulate critical data.
- Contribute to a healthier aquatic ecosystem
- Avoid accidental transfer of ballast water
- Simplify data recording
- Improve data quality with validation of all data entries
- Increase regulatory compliance
The SERTICA Electronic Logbook function as a stand-alone system.