This record book is developed for all ships above 400 GT and oil tankers above 150 GT. This is a vital record book, required in accordance with regulation 17 of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (1973), as modified by the Protocol of 1978 (MARPOL73/78).
By recording all oil or bilge transfers and discharges within the vessel, you can document the correct management of oil at sea to the authorities.
Digitize your Oil Record Book
An electronic oil record book is a software application that replaces traditional paper oil record books (ORB). It facilitates accurate ORB entries into an efficient electronic format while complying with international conventions and flag state requirements.
A digital record book increases regulatory compliance in relation to Oil Record Book Part 1 as it creates a nice overview and can function as a checklist. For example, it makes it easy for your crew on board to record bunkering of fuel oil tanks and disposal of discharge of bilge
With electronic data recording, the crew on board avoids time-consuming manual processes. All data is automatically stored in the SERTICA Electronic Logbook, which simplifies the data recording process and enhances the reliability of your records.
The Oil Record Book Part 1 is completed when:
- Ballasting or cleaning of oil fuel tanks
- Discharge of dirty ballast or cleaning water from oil fuel tanks
- Collection and disposal of oil residues and sludge
- Discharge and disposal of bilge water that has accumulated in machinery spaces
- Bunkering of fuel or bulk lubricating oil
With advanced electronic signature as per eIDAS European Regulations and additional antitampering measures, you benefit from the identification of any attempt to manipulate critical data.
- Avoid potential oil pollution
- Improved security with seals management
- Overview with daily sounding log and bilge and sludge reports
- Meet the needs of today’s regulatory environment
- Ensure accuracy of data recording
- Improve data quality with validation of all data entries
- Allow data availability ashore
- Increase awareness of bilge and sludge
- Minimize the risk of human errors leading to fines or non-conformities
The SERTICA Electronic Logbook function as a stand-alone system.