The Garbage Record Book is developed for ships over 100 Gt.
Under MARPOL Annex V, every ship above 400 GT or carrying more than 15 persons engaged in international voyages is required to maintain a Garbage Record Book to record all disposal and incineration operations.
The date, time, position of the ship, description of the garbage, and the estimated amount incinerated or discharged must be logged and signed.
The type of garbage is to be described and signed, and the record is to be kept for two years once completed.
Recording your garbage operations electronically in SERTICA will simplify your data recording process and support you in monitoring environmental items.
The Garbage Record Book is completed in connection with:
- Garbage discharging
- Garbage incinerating
- Garbage accidental loss
- Monitoring of key environmental items
With advanced electronic signature as per eIDAS European Regulations and additional antitampering measures, you benefit from the identification of any attempt to manipulate critical data.
- Increased focus on the environment
- Increase awareness about garbage production on board
- Reduce errors and optimize operations
- Simplify data recording
- Improve data quality with validation of all data entries
- Increase regulatory compliance
- Allow data availability ashore
- Improve data reliability
The SERTICA Logbook functions as a stand-alone system.