The Logistics and Shipment module allows purchasers, forwarding agents and warehouses to enter delivery information in SERTICA. This module contributes to an efficient mid-point delivery and documentation of the entire process. It enables you to control the delivery of the right goods at the right time.
Shipping companies often store, consolidate and re-package goods from multiple purchase orders to ensure a smooth and quick delivery to the vessel once it is in port. Purchasers can manage the distribution and shipment themselves on behalf of the vessel, collecting line items from purchase orders and consolidating them into packages or carriers. These can be attached to a shipment with dimensions, weight and value registered to the shipment. This way, a shipment can include many line items from many purchase orders from many carriers.
At the final arrival destination, the shipment is received and the purchase process is completed. The entire shipment status and process information is available to the entire fleet and the purchaser. The result is transparent shipping data and access to the track and trace process.
- Warehouse Management
- Midpoint receipt of items and goods
- Consolidation of line items from PO’s
- Package and carrier management
- Volume calculation
- Forward relevant papers such as proforma invoice, insurance papers and manifests
- Increase visibility and create transparent access to shipping data
- Ensure the lowest possible price on every shipment
- Get the right part at the right time at the right cost
- Work more efficiently and prevent over-ordering or running out of stock
- Identify the best and most cost effective ports for your business
For further information regarding this module please contact us via the form below.